Sunday, March 31, 2019

Crazy

This winter kicked my ass.  Seriously, it was so cold and gross.  Yeah, I realize that it waited until winter was almost over to even tet, but still.  So cold.  Negative 50 (wind chills) shouldn't even be a thing.  Spring hasn't felt that much better.  Yes, it's gotten warmer, but there is still an arctic chill in that constant breeze.  I really need to find a more temperate climate.  Then it would be something else, like the sand in my undies.  I can't win!

Last month I finally joined everybody in buying an Instant Pot.  I've only used it three times, but wow.  If you use the right liquid, it totally pulls that up into your meat and veg.  So tasty.  My dad, in his more mature years, is having chewing issues.  This allows me to get a more tender meat (from not the best choices) for him.  He can actually eat it, but it isn't over cooked much for the rest of us.  I need to try something chicken.  I want to do breasts, but I'm actually leaning more to the pot pie side.  Dad likes dumplings, but wet bread is so nit my thing.  Do any of you have an amazing recipe you'd be willing to share?  Is it me, or is anybody else a little sad that it actually doesn't save that much time?  In the end, yes.  I made a roast that took 2 hours instead of 6 to 8 in the crock pot, but I was led to believe everything was half an hour or less.  Maybe I make complicated things?  I don't think so.

The 14 year old turns 15 in like a week.  She has learners permit on the brain.  We did have a talk about how she would get nothing if she can't get her grades up.  What is with kids just giving up at about 8th grade?  I know it isn't just mine.  The frustration on my part is real, let me tell you.  Oh, did I mention that her school doesn't offer drivers ed?  I'm gonna have to pay for her to take classroom.  Not really looking forward to that.  Good times.  She needs to get those grades up for her car insurance.  (Yup, this literaly just came to mind) I am not all about high rates.  Damn kids!


No comments:

Post a Comment

So Not Okay

I've always heard peoe talking about somethibg hurting so bad that they throw up from it.  The thought if that level of pain freaked me ...