Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Okay

"How can you let them go?  My ex is awful, I wouldn't 'make' my kids go over there.  I can't believe you let them go."  Really?  Maybe because I love my kids.  My kids love their dad.  I let them see him as often as is possible for them and him.  He's just being a dad.  There is no evil going on.  They hang out.  Sometimes they play board games.  I more often than not get pictures of them all (including said father) having a good time doing this or that.  Guess what?  It also gives me a break, making me a better mom. 

My ex husband and I are adults.  We put our kids first.  A good chunk of the time I am over there, too.  Our visitation decree is no longer enforceable since we've both moved out of that state and not done anything in the new one.  Are we worried?  Nope.  Again, grown ups.  The kids come first.  I get that some parents are abusive.  That's a whole different situation.  If you simple don't like your ex, or you're hella bitter, get over yourself.  It's so much less stressful to just roll with it.  I have full custody of my kids.  The only time they haven't been able to see their dad is during illness, bad weather, or there was something important going on.  My kids are better off because of our arrangement, and we are happier parents.  Go figure.

I'm sad about the burning of Notre Dame.  I had a friend get bitchy because people of money donated a bunch for restoration.  He thinks insurance and the Pope should cover it, and that money should go to the poor.  Well, okay.  Nobody made them donate.  They decided it was a worthy cause.  I don't however, believe that the money should be side tracked for the poor.  For two reasons, actually.  1) that isn't where the donator wanted the money to go.  Pretty sure wealthy people already help the poor.  2) donations like that rarely actually go to said poor.  The only way to be sure that happens is to physically hand it to a poor person.  I don't see said friend doing that.  So, should I ever win the lottery, I'll donate in his name rather than give him any.  That's what is right, right?  I don't believe that you should tell people where their money has to go just because they have more than you do.  And yes, they actually DO pay their "fair share" in taxes.  They get the same right offs that everybody else gets.  Their tax bracket is higher.  They also put way mire money into the economy.  Stop being angry about your lack and do something about it. 

What are the signs of past stroke?  I am having serious memory issues as of late.  It's really starting to scare me a little.  Grasping for words.  I've also noticed that on my worst memory days I wake up exceptionally exhausted.  Not really sleepy, just exhausted.  Maybe I'm stressed.  I don't think things are any more hectic than normal.  This is when I wish my primary care person gave a damn.  I've learned recently that, having had a borderline cancerous tumor removed, I should have had a full body scan to make sure it hadn't spread.  Those borderline ones are sneaky bastards.  Good times, right?  Ugh.

The weather is back to warm, so I'm happy.  Soon it will be hot, and I'm not good with that.  Hence me enjoying this while I can.  Yay! 

So what is everybody doing for Easter?  Staying safe and...?  Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

So Not Okay

I've always heard peoe talking about somethibg hurting so bad that they throw up from it.  The thought if that level of pain freaked me ...