Monday, August 26, 2019

I Just Don't Know

August is almost over.  I'm really not sure where it went.  It seemed like it was going along at a reasonable rate.  I was keeping track very nicely.  Next thing I knew it had vanished.  Seriously, life just kind of imploded on me.  Now it's almost September, and I have absolutely zero to show for it.  What the heck?

The technology experiment is still going well.  The kids had tablets and such for Saturday and part of Sunday.  The transformation was almost immediate.  I had to get on them about being short with one another.  The yelling started back up.  Yeah, I'm not a fan.  It would seem that they have zero patience for much of anything when they are on the internet or playing games.  After they got back from hanging with their dad (I had already taken the tablets away by then), they were much better. 

Honestly, if I could simply say no to the use of any of it at all, I would.  They do need the computer for some of their homework, and to research and whatnot.  I don't know.  The people living in my home are so much more fun and light hearted without the gadgets.  It's almost as if technology puts a weight on them that they don't have when not using it.  Example:  homework with technology in the room becomes soooooo much more drama filled.  Without it, there has been laughter involved.  I don't get it.  I'm going to continue with this experiment, but so far I am really enjoying the results.

It was gross today.  All rainy and humid.  Not horrible, but still gross.  I made soup.  Chicken noodle.  It was very chickeny.  Seriously, it was yum.  The kids enjoyed it.  Even the one that never seems to eat anything (I caught her eating cosmic brownie in the pantry, which irritated me a bit) at some of it.  Could be because I told her that she had to eat some of it.  I dunno.  It made me happy.  And the older one has enough to take for lunch tomorrow.  Always a bonus.  It isn't quite cool enough out to be thinking of those lovely stick to your ribs meals just yet.  Soon.  Yes, soon.

As the days start getting shorter, and the temps start to drop, what are some of your go to recipes for dinner?  I have an Instant Pot, so I can use that.  I also have a crock pot, but the IP seems to do the same thing.  I'm really not big on messing up my oven, so try to avoid splattery things in there.  Share those recipes!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

So Not Okay

I've always heard peoe talking about somethibg hurting so bad that they throw up from it.  The thought if that level of pain freaked me ...