Monday, September 24, 2018

Oh, and Another Thing

I went to the local health food place and picked up a sage smudge stick.  I can't really open my windows because 1) they have half screens, and the top tends to slide down, letting in all of the bugs 2) if I forget to close them, the neighborhood can come and rob my house.  So, let's just say that the windows stay closed most of the time.  White sage has been known to clean air.  Plus, with three kids living in one bedroom, the smell of feet and funk is huge.  

In the past I've had some nasty reactions to sage smudge.  I'm thinking it was cheap sage, and/or mixed with something ick.  I went into this smudging thinking it might just cause me a huge migraine, as it has in the past.  Color me pleased that it did not.  It smelled nice, too.  The girls hate it, but they aren't paying the rent.  The foot smell is much, much lower, and it actually smells nice in here.  I may have to do this quarterly.  More often if somebody gets sick.  Yet another thing in my defense against the germs.

A friend said something about a lower than normal amount of elderberries this year.  I still buy my elderberry stuff from the store, but she makes her own.  I keep meaning to do the same, but to be honest, I never remember to do it.  Yes, that is one reason for the smudge stick.  Maybe next year there will be a better crop, and I can make all of the syrups.

Well, goodnight ladies and gents.  I hope that your night is going well, and all of your dreams are pleasant ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So Not Okay

I've always heard peoe talking about somethibg hurting so bad that they throw up from it.  The thought if that level of pain freaked me ...