Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Have They Lost Their Minds?

Poor Sophia.  She had nothing but a Monday yesterday.  She woke up in a mood.  She forgot to wash her uniform skirt, and had also left it at her grandpa's house.  Then she tells me that she also forgot her school shoes.  Nothing that can be done about washing the skirt by this time.  Deal with that.  I drove her to get the skirt and shoes.  We pull up to the drop off point and she informs me that her lunch is sitting on the dining room table at home.  Sophia does have to eat, so I did go and get that for her.  It was crazy, I tell ya.

Today everybody is ridiculous. The amount of disrespect and attitude is insane this week.  The three that live with me have been ignoring me, getting serious attitude, and just being nasty in my direction.  We could talk about how my oldest (she's a full on adult) who would say that she never asked to be born, but I never asked for a child that didn't think she needed to do anything and couldn't do anything for herself at all.  We'll both have to live with that disappointment, I guess.  Anyway, nobody is getting ready to leave when I say to get ready.  I gave them some extra time, and piled into the car.  No Sophia.  She finally came out and crabbed about not getting to sit in the front seat.  Aidan took it when her sister didn't come out of the house.  Because "her" seat was taken, she didn't get in the car.  I left her there on the sidewalk.  I did come back for her, but I let her walk some of the way home.  She doesn't understand why this went down.  Seriously?  The teen years may be my undoing.

I am not coming back from my last (third) surgery well at all.  I'm so exhausted.  There isn't enough sleep in the entire world for me.  Those first two surgeries went very well.  I was up and healing.  It makes sense that this one would kick my butt.  I did put myself through quite a lot in the last five months.  Nobody has time for this, though.  I want to feel decent.  Okay, to be honest, I'm not sure that I know what that feels like.  I've been down for the count since my mid 20's.  It might freak me out to be "normal".

Today is the first Tuesday of the month.  That means that the air raid and tornado sirens get tested.  To my horror, I can almost not hear them inside the house.  I guess it's a good thing that my phone has an alert for that kind of thing, but sheesh.  Hopefully it's never an issue.  Way back when they used to be so very loud.  I wonder why they really aren't that loud now.  

Well, that's all that I've got for now.  Sleep well, my friends!  I'll chat at you soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

So Not Okay

I've always heard peoe talking about somethibg hurting so bad that they throw up from it.  The thought if that level of pain freaked me ...