Monday, January 13, 2020

Wow

The winter weather this year has been less rhan winter like.  I haven't worn anything but a light jacket through the majority of it.  That certainly changed on Friday.  Okay, it was still pretty warm on Friday, but that actually didn't help us.  

The rain came at us hard.  I think we got 3 inches, which isn't a ton really, but it was enough.  You see, after the rain fell, the temperature started to drop.  The city insisted they were ready with salt trucks/snow plows.  We had no idea how much of anything we qould get as the forecast changed constantly.  Took yhe 14 year old to take high school placement tests 8n the am.  It wasn't bad.  Chilly and wet, but not bad.  Picked her up for cheer, temps haf dropped.  Then it started snowing.

When this city says they are ready, what they really mean is they are inside drinking hot chocolate and watching Frozen.  They were NOT on anybof the major roads that I had to be on.  Teen girl had her last 7/8 grade dance.  It was not cancelled, and I couldn't not take her.  It was an exercise in terror.  Interstate (in town) road, not salted, not plowed.  Snow route road, not salted, not plowed.  I slid a lot.  I got stuck spinning my tires.  Picki g her up was better, they had done something to the interstate road.  The snow route was a joke.  Somebody plowed 4 blocks of it.  Four blocks.  On one side.  We made it home in one piece, so I'm happy.  Still, they need to look up what prepared actually means.

I know that we need the snow/rain.  Drought is bad.  But I'm good if the snow and cold temperatures don't really come back.  The Midwest is really the wrong place for me to live.  It wasn't so baf in Colorado.  Then again, I didn't have wind blowing off of a body of water, either.  I wonder if moving is in my budget...

No comments:

Post a Comment

So Not Okay

I've always heard peoe talking about somethibg hurting so bad that they throw up from it.  The thought if that level of pain freaked me ...